Here are our ten top tips on using Co Bikes for the first time
- Sign up: register and download the nextbike app, from Google Play or the App Store. You’ll need to make an initial £10 payment which will go towards your first hire(s).
- Ready to go? Great! To unlock a bike and begin your hire, simply use the app to scan the QR code on the bike frame.
- Fancy a pitstop? No problem! Pause your journey by opening the app and select ‘PARK’, then press the lever down on the bike frame. Your bike is now safely parked and secure.
- Check that last step again by looking at your hire in the app to see if it says ‘PARKED’ – if the bike isn’t properly secured and gets stolen, the hirer is liable for replacement costs.
- Ready to go? Use the app again to end ‘PARK’ mode and unlock the bike.
- To return your bike and end the rental, check the bike securely back into a free dock at the Co Bikes station, making sure you’ve pressed the lever down to lock the bike frame and selected ‘END RENTAL’ in the app.
- We do recommend that you use a helmet during your hire, so please bring one with you if you have one.
- If you haven’t tried an electric bike before, give yourself time to get used to riding it in a quieter area as they are a little different to a traditional pedal bike (and more fun in our opinion).
- Co Bikes are fantastic for tackling hills: going uphill has never been easier….
- …. but be careful when going downhill: Co Bikes have a longer breaking and stopping distance, so give yourself plenty of time – and road – and make sure you are comfortable with using the brakes!
And finally, be prepared to get the Co Bike grin – electric bikes are great fun and highly addictive!